LearnUXD brings you this course on how to build websites from the ground up. Master basic skills with HTML, CSS, and the core principles of designing effective websites.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Recall terms, settings, and key concepts related to HTML, CSS and working with the World Wide Web and communicate professionally using knowledge of web design terms.
- Organize and structure web content for various users.
- Write, edit, and modify HTML and CSS to develop and enhance web pages using relevant software.
- Locate and use various resources to further develop knowledge and skills for web design.
- Recreate basic layouts and full websites with HTML and CSS.
Course Introduction Welcome to Web Design I! This course is built to help you master the foundational skills you need in order to build…Get started
Getting Started with Technical Details To cover many of the technical logistics, we’ll use a second textbook, John Duckett’s beautiful book…Get started
Introduction to Intelligent Markup With an overview of HTML under your belt from the last module, you should recall that HTML is simply a…Get started
Hyperlinks Hyperlinks are created with the <a> tag. This usually wraps some HTML content such as text or an image that acts as the anchor…Get started
Introduction to Grouping and Structural Markup Another crucial set of new tags to discuss in this module is a set of structural tags that…Get started
Collecting Information with Forms This makes the most sense when it is paired with additional programming code that processes the…Get started
Introduction In this module we make a dramatic shift in our focus. Assuming we have solid, semantic markup formatting our content, we can…Get started
Introduction to Content Styles ...on web and in print have many similar components; technical logistics differ. While we looked at an…Get started
The Box Model ...is a conceptual framework for understanding the series of CSS properties that affect elements' size, border, background…Get started
Float and Clear Are helpful CSS properties that begin to assist with multi-column layouts. The "natural float" is the best use for floats…Get started
Layout Analysis You now know a good bit about how to work with CSS. We've discussed how to select and apply styles to HTML elements, how to…Get started